Why I love them...
|Ruby Falls Underground Waterfall|
- We're out of the classroom! Something about being free of those concrete walls just makes the day a bit brighter.
- The wonder I get to witness in the eyes of my students is priceless. Even the drive is a learning experience as many of my littles have never left the city.
- Everyone accidentally falls asleep on the bus ride home.
Why I hate them...
- The stench of a school bus...kind of reminds me of riding in a condensed version of a locker room, with 82 people inside it..and none of them wearing deodorant.. (Third graders don't do that.)
- All behavior plans, rules, regulations, etc. seem to be forgotten for that specific moment in time.We're not in the school, so let's go off the chain and run wild!
- Sack lunches...yeah..cafeteria packed us some broccoli florets in our sack lunches.. Really?? Why don't you just put us in a metal can and tell us all to fart harmoniously. (This relates back to #1)
And since our field trip is so much fun, and since I am so lucky to live and work near Chattanooga, Tennessee, I will share a few of my snapshots from the trip. The kids absolutely love it (except the time the elevator that goes down into the cave broke while we were underground and we had to wait it out). It's a fun trip but the 1/2 mile walk to the falls is brutal!
And that's it folks. I know you all have reasons for loving/hating field trips and I'd love to hear them! So tell me, what is it about field trip days that you love/hate the most? I love reading your comments!
Have a great week!